McCall's Great American Recipe Card Collection 1973



This is actually one of my most prized possessions. It sat on a counter in the kitchen of my childhood home. It was the special occasion recipe collection. We got to pick a recipe for birthday dinners or when we wanted a cooking lesson. One of my favorite past times as a kid was to flip through the recipe card collection.
I was amazed at all the things you could do with food.

Of course, when I look at it now the food is just ridiculous.

I plan on scanning in and posting some of my favorites as well as the few I actually made when I was a kid. I also plan on making some just with some updated and less fat-filled ingredients. So, it's going to be a fairly regular feature. This all depends on me of course. Thus far, it's gonna be a busy summer. I have family moving to Oregon, two trips to California and a job hunt.

I think I can handle this. I just don't know if my husband will. He's not so enthused about breakfast muffin cups.

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top