Hello!

It's been awhile, huh? I'm sorry to say that this is the time of the year that my life becomes a nasty, vomit inducing roller coaster ride. I have nail pics and plans for some haul and that will come...eventually.
So if you'll indulge me, I'd like to take this moment for a little ranting.

Work

Ahh, retail. I hate you from November to January. The holidays truly blow and it is no different in non-profit retail. I've been up to my eyeballs in Xmas since September. I've built fake trees, strung lights, arranged figurines, cut myself on broken ornaments, tagged and hung up ugly sweaters. I've sorted through tangles of cheesy Xmas jewelry, merchandised scarves and gloves, collected vacation requests and written people up. I am exhausted and the holiday season has not yet begun. To top it all off, I have a four hour management training session to attend next Wednesday. My day off. My choice was to leave four hours early one day next week or get paid four hours of overtime. I took the overtime. I have nail polish to buy!!
But I do not look forward to this. There will be buzzwords, role playing and group studies. Oy. That is one part of my job I despise.

Husband

Right now, Matt is in Las Vegas again for another training seminar. I'm glad he's gone ONLY because of his seasonal affective disorder. He is nearly impossible to live with this time of year. Nothing pleases him and he is always angry. I'm hoping this trip will recharge his batteries for a week and that he will enjoy the lovely Vitamin D supplements I bought us. I need to find him a hobby that's cheap so we can save more money for another trip to Cancun. Because I do not want to smother my husband in his sleep.

The Holidays

I do not look forward to this. At all. Frankly, it is much too depressing to tell you all about it.

I think I've done as much damage as I can. Bear with me, guys. I'll have happier stuff later on. I promise.

8 Comments

  1. I hope work eases up a bit for you.
    As far as S.A.D (I have this none too pleasant affliction) You can buy a reptile sun lamp from a pet supply store and it does not take it all away but boy does it ever take the edge off. I use mine while watching a movie or sitting here on my lappie. an hour or two a day really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that everything settles down for you soon! I am sorry that your life is so hectic right now! Mine is too, so I understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...im sorry to hear that!I hope it all calms down soon!
    *****

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH you poor thing!
    I TOTALLY feel your pain!
    I used to work at American Greetings (Hallmark's biggest competitor, for those who dont know) 3 words...Crazy figurine collectors!!!! Do what we did to alleviate stress...WRAPPING PAPPER JOUSTING TOURNAMENTS!!!

    I was gonna suggest exactly what Evil Angel did! I have an iguana, and those things really put out uva and uvb! Look at the packaging though, there are different uva/uvb outputs, get the highest you can find! 1 Bulb should last you thru the winter! and should be WAY less than $20
    Or you can always try a tanning bed, once a week maybe?

    And feel free to vent anytime! Thats what friends are for!!!

    {{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand how you feel! I also work in retail and have been literally over my head in merchandise since September.Some days I have to laugh just to keep from crying.I hope everything settles down for you soon.

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping positive thoughts for you and your family! I hate this weather and sometimes I don't know how I'll make it through the winter. I get so unmotivated, so I can relate. Think thoughts of Spring and do your nails in bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope work doesn't suck majorly this holiday season. You're in my thoughts. Sending good vibes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have S.A.D. as bad but I do have it. I have my desk facing the patio door so I get some sun. I hope your husband gets recharged. The lights are a great idea. I've seen them in a catalog and I think they're expensive. The ones made especially for this affliction as Evil Angel says. I've never worked in retail. No thanks! I can remember how nasty people get. I just don't understand why people are like this. All I can say is God Bless You! You need masses of patience and holiday music. Or does that drive you crazy after awhile?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top