Sally Hansen Marble Creme

Good day!

I bring you another installment of my Dollar Tree haul. This is Sally Hansen New Lengths in Marble Creme.
The name is incredibly generic, no? This one is something else. At the store it looked really grey but it's not exactly.


FOUR coats, no base with flash

Yep, you read that correctly. This took four coats to be opaque and not as streaky. The formula is pretty thin but it's weird. Applying a thin coat was sticky and dragged. A little thicker and it spread fluidly and smoothly.
I had to let each coat dry for ten minutes between applications or it dragged and made ginormous bald spots.
What I'm showing you is shortly after I applied the fourth coat and I got a bald spot on the index and dinged the ring finger.
I really like the color. With flash, this looks pretty bright but it is a greyed out teal and slightly drab. However, this is something I would only attempt to wear if I have LOTS of time for application. It's a PITA and then some. I was not at all surprised, however. I anticipated that I was going to get polishes like that from Dollar Tree. I'm not unhappy about it, just kinda meh. I'm not sure if this will be a permanent in my stash or set aside for frankening. Again, meh.

That's it for now, friends. Hope your day is going well!

4 Comments

  1. A Oregon girl! Whoo!

    The Sally Hansens i found at the dollar tree were a bit of a let down. They all seemed very thin like you mentioned. But the Maybelline polishes all seem amazing.

    I want to hit up more dollar trees but the boyfriend already thinks i'm insane. He just may be right. If i had seen a better selection, i'd have bought them all. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, 4 coats? You poor thing. At least it was only $1! The color is just gorgeous too. Why isn't there a polish 'thickener' out there? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colour but 4 COATS? That's a little much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top