Stephanie tagged me for this award and I'm glad to be a part of the fun!
I am to list seven facts about myself. I'm a little stumped, I'm pretty free with the info as is.
But let's give it a go!
1. I like to make aliases for myself when I go out with my friends. Mainly just to mess with the minds of drunks at bars. ;) I have been Myrtle the former pro-bowler. Pamela, the UC Davis student. Mavis, the Avon representative and Reverend Paloma, founder of the Church of the Almighty Lamb(chop). Trust me, I can be real fun at parties!
2. I share an in joke with my sister(s) and best friends about buying a private island when we retire. We create storylines and scenarios about what we would do . Mainly, wear muumuus, smoke cigarettes and be perpetually drunk. This joke has come around to my co-workers and now they are finagling "jobs" for themselves on our fantasy island. Now we have a chef, bartender and two cabana boys. All I have to do is win the Powerball and we can set this in motion.
3. Eurovision. I've mentioned it before but I am more than happy to repeat. I love it. With a shameful passion. I start voraciously reading all the top Eurovision news sites in February and making top 10 prediction lists.
I've even taken days off from work to watch the webcast of the Semis and the Final. I am that crazy.
However, it introduced me to Kabat and that is awesome. More shamefully for the metal girl, it introduced me to Helena Paparizou, Sibel Tuzun and Anna Vissi and I adore them.
4. I once danced in a go go cage at a drag club in Portland, AFTER seeing Moonspell and was singing Abba's "Dancing Queen" in Hindi.
5. I love to dance. I'm not good at it and I'm not afraid to make a fool of myself. I make up my own dances. If you ever take me out on the town, you will see the "Where Ya At," "The Heisman," and "Working on My Jump Shot." They're magical.
6. Totally serious: I'm working on a transfer degree to the University of Oregon. It only took me three colleges and thirteen years to figure out what I want to do with my life.
7. Jobs I have had: housekeeper in a senior apartment home, dry cleaner counter clerk, Kmart cashier, supervisor at Old Navy, clerk at a beauty supply and nanny.
Well, there ya go.
The always wonderful Nicole
The lovely and entertaining Ginger
My metal sister Deb
She who never fails to amaze me with her mad skills, Lisa
and finally, my fellow Oregonian and cool girl, Antonea!
I'm off to finish my Rose Bowl mani. Pics to come soon!