Orly Week!

Good day, loves!

I decided to do a theme week (of sorts) and highlight my recent Orly haul. I am a huge fan of Orly. They offer some great colors and the dry time is exceptional. I'm so excited for their new Spring collections and can't wait to get my hand son them!

Today I'm bringing you another of their mattes from the Matte Couture collection.


Purple Velvet
Two coats, no base or top, indoor light

 I said before when I showed Blue Suede that Orly got the matte trend right. This is a rich shade of purple that is not at all chalky. This applied beautifully and of course it dried amazingly quick. The formula is fluid and not thick or gloppy. I didn't find that I needed to work extra quick or had any issues with coverage.
This is becoming my most favorite of my matte cremes mainly because it's a shade of purple I've been wanting for so long!

 I couldn't help it but I had to do some layering experiments with it and I am truly impressed!


Left to right:
NYX Purple Ave
Orly Fifty-four
Orly Fantasea
NYX Blue Avenue

Simply gorgeous! I am especially in love with Fantasea over this. I definitely will be trying some more layering with this because it makes for an awesome base for glitters, flakies and duochromes.

That's all I have for now. Thank you for looking! Hope the day finds you in good spirits!


4 Comments

  1. I love Orly's Matte formula-it's like velvet! Great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Orly and they are coming out with such great colors lately! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this matte. I might have to buy this one. Lovely shade of purple on you. I love your layering experiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top