Caught in an ocean of blue emptiness

Good day, friends.

We've had some sun here and again in Oregon so I wanted to show you a little something I got in Mexico.

Del Sol Rock Star
Two coats, no base or top, indoor light

Rock Star is a lovely royal blue jelly with blue glitter. Three coats makes it more opaque but two was enough for swatching purposes. In bottle it's very similar to China Glaze Dorothy Who? Sadly, I do not have comparison shots so I will have to add that to my to-do list. 
Application was easy and smooth and the dry time was very quick. What's super fun is what it looks like in sunlight...

A gorgeous deep turquoise!

I love that this almost looks glass flecked. Upon closer inspection, the glitter isn't but it's a neat illusion.
This is gorgeous in the sun and it's close to L.A. Girl Rock Star Headbanging but not as green as China Glaze Watermelon Rind. (OY. Again, another thing to put on the list.)

While on vacation, my sister's pedi began to chip because she forgot to apply top coat (Bad Pooky!) so we decided to layer this over her original Zoya Tallulah. It was stunning! And I forgot to take a picture. (Bad Lamby!) It totally deepened the color and lots of sparkly going on. However, it didn't really change color in the sun. I think Tallulah canceled that out. I'm pretty sure that if it was layered over something lighter it will still change color in sun though.

That does it for me. Hope the weekend was relaxing and refreshing for you!

2 Comments

  1. I love the concept, but the price is a little steep :-) You're prob right about the colour changing on top of a light colour, as I saw some people did that

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top