We carry them all away, as we glide through their lost eyes.

Good Day!

It's good to be back. Work life is still hectic and I'm starting to feel a little better. Maybe I'm silly but losing Ronnie James Dio really upset me and I did not have the desire to talk about nail polish. But this is a new day and it's time to get back on track.

Today I'm bringing you a neon orange comparison. We've had crazy storms for the past couple of days and the sun keeps playing hide and seek so I needed to see something really bright.





From index to pinkie:
Sinful Neon Orange, Idyl Neon Orange, Orly Orange Punch and Zoya Lianne
All are three coats, no base or top.

I added the Zoya just for funsies even though it is not a neon. I just didn't want to show a naked pinkie!

The Orly is super bright but it's not like a traditional neon. It dries with a rather satiny finish instead of a matte. The Sinful is very much the traditional neon in that it dries matte and quickly. However, it's not as thin and sheer as some. It's easy to build color pretty quickly and without five million coats. Obviously, applying it over a white works really well to avoid having to build color in a lot of coats and amps up the brightness.
The Idyl is still a little sheer and with a slightly jelly feel. On its own it's pretty bright but next to these beauties, it seems pastel-ish.
The Zoya is definitely my favorite orange. It has a beautiful gold shimmer and it applies like a dream. It's a go to favorite for summer.

Here's a bottle shot because that's just what we do:


That will do it for me. I have to pick up a couple of things for my work wife's birthday this weekend and hang out with my mommy. Have a wonderful day and I hope the weather is much more agreeable wherever you are!

One Comment

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top