I know you have that special something...

Good morning!

Today I'm bringing you some swatches of my recent Golden Rose haul.
I did get a few of their sweet holos but I got the same exact ones that Andrea got and she took some great pics that I'm simply jealous of.
What I am going to show is the two glitters and the metallic I purchased. The metallic I did a comparison swatch with, BTW.

First we have Golden Rose Care + Strong 158:

Two coats, no base or top
Ring and pinkie have China Glaze Four Leaf Clover as base

This is a green glitter in a clear base. It's not densely packed when applied so a couple of coats are necessary for better coverage. What was stunning was how quickly it dried. Almost as soon as I applied, it was dry!
It certainly looks hot layered over green. I can't wait to use it for a Duck Day mani because I think it will be amazeballs.
Yay! Glitter!

Next up is Golden Rose Super Shine & Lasting 162:

One coat, no base or top
Ring and pinkie have one coat of Golden Rose Paris Holographic 101

This is another that appears densely packed in bottle but not on the nail. This has gold and bronze glitter as well as gold star glitter. The more coats applied will cover better, natch. The star glitter is fun but has to be fished out because it doesn't always get picked up by the brush. Again, this dries really quick. 
Snazzy...

Finally we have Golden Rose Fashion Color 34 up against Orly Rage:

Index and Middle: Orly Rage
Ring and Pinkie: Golden Rose 34
Two coats, no base or top
Both are a rosy gold but in comparison, the Golden Rose is a bit more champagne gold. No issues with brush strokes and it's opaque in two coats. Dry time is just as good as Orly. My only complaint? The teeny-tiny bottle. Check out the difference:

Whoa.


In summary, these polishes are all fantastic. They apply easy, dry fast and look smashing. They are also inexpensive. All of them sold for under three dollars!
I purchased mine at the Golden Rose USA website and every order over 20 dollars receives free shipping!
My only complaint for the site is that their color swatches are just as bad as Cherry Culture's. BUT since the price point is so low, I wasn't afraid to pick a color and go with it. I guess I like to surprise myself. 
I also picked up one of their metallic liquid eyeliners but that is another post for another time.

So what do you think of Golden Rose? Would you be willing to try a color without an accurate representation?

That does it for me. My weekend is over and it's back to work. Hope you all have a lovely weekend and see you soon!




3 Comments

  1. I have used Golden Rose and I really like the little bottles (well, I love all the minis, anyway)....but the formula is pretty good...I even sent some away in swaps, and everyone loves them!

    good review!

    :B
    ~Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tiffani!
    I'm terribly impressed with Golden Rose. Loving the formula and the colors are great. I will definitely be buying more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I haven't tried these yet. but would love too. When ordering online I never think the swatches are very good it's always a bit of a surprise....that's why I luv nail blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top