Orly Star of Bombay Re-visited

Good afternoon!

I spent some time going through my archives and saw a ton of terrible pictures. I've decided to re-shoot some now that my technique is better and I know more how to shoot, pose and crop.

Today I'm bringing back an old favorite and surprise, surprise, and Orly.

Star of Bombay
Two coats, no base or top, full sun

Sadly, I gave myself chips on the tips of my index and pinkie. That's because I was trying to drag my garbage can back from the curb without touching a spider. Just picture me trying to pull it with my finger tips, it falling down and me trying to pick it up gingerly. I ended up getting a phone book and swatting at my garbage can to get rid of it. It disappeared to who knows where and I have the can back in its resting place. Am I still freaked out? You bet. I do not *heart* spiders AT ALL.

Let's talk about the polish though. It's a nearly black navy creme with very subtle blue shimmer. Indoors, you cannot see the shimmer at all but outside in sunlight, the sparkle is glorious! This could be opaque in one stroke if you glop it on but realistically, this a two coater. This is the Orly that sealed the deal for me and made me the fan girl I am today. It is stunning!

Naturally, I had to do some layering. That's just what I do, yo!

Index: Orly Royal Navy
Middle: L.A. Girl Metal Deep Sea Mica
Ring: Finger Paints Sapphire Shimmer
Pinkie: Nina Ultra Pro Molten Opal

Hotness!


Damn, Royal Navy is pretty sweet over this! All of these look pretty amazing over Star of Bombay but I'm not certain I'd wear it layered like this. It's such a wonderful color on its own!


That does it for me today! Thanks as ever for coming by and hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

4 Comments

  1. It's pretty on its own, of course, but I love the different looks you got with the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's gorgeous on its own, but layered is also so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It very pretty on it's own I like it. As for spiders EEEEEEWWWWWWW. I hate them, I'm afraid of them. I get freaked out easily too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much! I love to play with layering, I end up doing that more often than anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top