Bluer than velvet was the night

Good day!

Today I'm bringing a look I wore a little while ago that was the result of playing around.

Base is Orly Halley's Comet
Various layers are from a blue jelly franken I've been playing with
One thin coat of Pure Ice Heartbreaker

I started this in order to refresh my previous mani. I'd worn Halley's Comet the day before and didn't feel up to changing it because I had a nasty little cold. So I grabbed a blue jelly franken I've been working on. The franken is a mix of clear, Wet n' Wild Nocturnal, Orly Star of Bombay and Cover Girl City Lights. It still needs a lot of work before I can truly show it to you. (It also needs ballz but I've been too lazy to go and pick some up.) 
Anyway. I aplied my franken to my tips and let dry. Then I applied it to the whole nail and let dry. I repeated tip application and whole nail application twice more. I got a nice, subtle gradation with a little glitter. Which was very hard to capture with my camera, natch. I finished it all with a thin coat of Heartbreaker and called it good. 

It sounded like a lot of work to refresh a mani but it took little to no effort. I'm quite pleased with how it came out but it's also making me antsy to finish my franken. Not bad for being sick and unmotivated, eh?

What do you do or don't do to your nails when you're sick? 

Thanks for coming by and hope you had a great weekend!

One Comment

  1. Hey missy, hope you are feeling better!

    Lovely colour, and I just wanted to let you know you're lady of the week on the lacquer forums

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top