Paul & Joe gave me a pungent orchestra

Good morning!

 Today I am bringing you another item I recently purchased from Apothica. This is a brand I've been wanting to try mainly because of their gorgeous packaging.
I bring you Paul & Joe Orchestral!

But first, check this cute packaging!


Don't you love this?

Orchestral is a really cool color. It's a deep, dark navy that looks black in some light. However, it has some interesting grey tones giving it an almost smoky appearance.There is also golden flake glitter floating in there with lovely, original flavor blue and magenta glitter. Shall we peep how this looks on the nail?

Three coats, no base or top

This is the real deal, yo.

Don't mind me. I thought I had cleaned this up pretty well and then my new camera showed me otherwise. Boy, is my face red!
Anyway. This applies pretty nicely but I wasn't a fan of the handle. It felt a little awkward to me. Maybe it's because I'm not used to holding an old fashioned handle like that. I don't know. The good news is that this dries quite quickly and is very  pigmented. I chose three coats because it's my default and because right now my nails go crazy. There's something about weather changing that makes my middle finger not hold onto polish at the tip. I always have bald spots and get to spend waay too much time trying to cover it. Yay me!

But that's not the point. Before I get to the point, allow me to share a blurred close up so you can see more of this glitter.
Can you see the flake glitter?
Please enjoy the extreme close-up of my yoga pants too. ;)

I've established that this is pretty and goes on great. But I haven't discussed the smell. Imagine my surprise to find that this is SCENTED. I was waiting for my second coat to dry when I noticed a flowery smell. Sure enough, it was coming from my nails. The scent is a heavy one. It's floral, slightly woody and kind of smoky. It was really disorienting. I'm not sure I like it. But I'm a vanilla/citrus girl not normally into floral.
The scent will wear off but not for a few hours. I do not recommend wearing fragrance and this polish at the same time unless it's a scent that will compliment this.

So...can I love this in spite of the scent? Oh hells yes! The color is amazeballs and the glitter is so perfect. I'll just have to remember to keep my hands away from my face. It's a sacrifice I can make.

Tell me, what do you think of the color? How do you feel about scented polishes? 

That will do for now. Keep eyes peeled (mmm...,peeled eyes...) for a special post coming soon!
Sorry for the geek moment. It's a reference from a REALLY old video game that starred Kirk Cameron of all people. I know, right?

2 Comments

  1. "amazeballs" ahahah LOVE IT! ..I really like this smokey color and the packaging is wayyy cute.

    The scent you described sounds like something I would like, I love the idea of my nail polish smelling Good (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top