Praise Bob for sun!

Hi Guys!

I've been trying to spend a little bit more time with my hubs lately rather than hopping online and...oh...updating this and other stuffs. Today he is doing some yard work and I'm taking advantage of it!

I've been working overtime and saving my nail polish budget so I could make some special purchases. I've been dying for the Kleancolor Chunky Holos so I went hog wild over at BeautyJoint and bought them all!
Without further ado, I give you my pictures...


All of my pretties!

First up is the fan fave of the collection, Chunky Holo Black:


One coat CH Black
layered over two coats Sally Hansen Black Patent Leather

It's so pretty. I love the different glitter shapes!


Chunky Holo Candy
layered over Love&Beauty unnamed pink jelly

This was a devil to photograph but it was a pretty sweet jelly sandwich!


Chunky Holo Purple on index and middle
Chunky Holo Bluebell on ring and pinkie
layered over Love&Beauty unnamed purple jelly

Bluebell is in a clear blue base but the color really makes no difference when layered over purple or blue. Just sayin'.


Chunky Holo Clover layered
over Love&Beauty unnamed green jelly

This is def going to come in handy for Duck Day Manis!


Chunky Holo Teal
layered over Love&Beauty unnamed blue

I only wish the glitter was bit more linear as it appears in the bottle.


Chunky Holo Poppy on index and middle
Chunky Holo Scarlet on ring and pinkie
layered over a Maybelline red jelly

Poppy is in an orange base but I decided to see how it would look over red. I'm bad and I should've layered it over orange. I will...eventually. Scarlet is the only one that you can wear alone. It has an orangey-red base that becomes fairly opaque in two coats.

Let's sum up:

The glitters are gorgeous. All are packed into jelly bases but the majority are way too sheer to wear alone except Scarlet.
The cons?
They smell TERRIBLE. Like overly plastic-y. And a little like ModPodge. Weird. The dry time is not what I would've wanted. It's not bad but t could be better. All are rather thick too. So you really have to be careful with your application because it will take even longer to dry.
Overall, they are very welcome additions in spite of the smell and dry time. 

There ya have it. I'm off to run some errands and then meet up with my in-laws for dinner! Have a great weekend!





One Comment

  1. That's been my major problem with KleanColors, the smell and the dry time. But for these? *swoon* I think you've got my favorite set of layering, honey. Absolutely STUNNING. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top