Dangerous when the sun goes down

Good day!

Today I have one of the only two WNW On The Prowl polishes I could find.

 Ready To Pounce
Three coats, no base or top in sunlight

You know I had to have this. It's a rich purple with lovely, subtle wine shimmer. It is a stunner and my very fave kind of vampy.
But...I think I got a bad bottle, yo. This is the second time I have ever received a WNW with a weird brush.
Mine is all choppy. It caused me some problems in application, leaving me pretty streaky.

 Shimmery...



 I thought it was all the brush and I was a little disappointed. Not enough to try again. I was wanting a rich, sexy color to wear yesterday while I was out and about with Matt, so this was my only clear choice.
I can definitively report that my bottle has formula issues.

Three coats over Gelous base and Out The Door topcoat
Indoor lighting
Taken after a hard day of shopping.

I found that this needs to be applied fairly thick. It dries so well and so quickly that it's not a big deal. But I found that after applying a second, thicker coat that I still had some streaky areas. I had to roll my bottle each time I went to apply because it felt so thick and dragged over the nail. Once I rolled the bottle, the formula felt much smoother albeit still thick and applied much more fluidly.
That really makes me sad. It was kind of a struggle to get to the final product. That's not what I expect from WNW. 

Will I be avoiding this again? No. I adore the color so I am willing to put in time and effort to sport this. However, it may not always be my first choice.

What do you think? Have you picked this up? Had any problems? I'd love to hear from you, I'd like to be sure it's just me.

I'm back to work today, y'all. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

2 Comments

  1. have you ever tried butter london nail polish? It works so well and they have beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon - I have one Butter London. I love it but it is a bit out of my price range.

    Ana - Thank you. I adore purple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top