Black Pearl

Good morning!

I am so behind on my swatching. Today I have something I picked up at Nordstrom Rack back in September.
I find some of the best stuff when I go to Portland and I was super excited to find a brand that I have wanted to try and not seen in my local area.

Without further ado, I bring you:

 Savina Black Pearl
three coats over Gelous and topped with Out The Door.


I have seen swatches of different Savina colors before and since I'm always on the lookout for something new, I wanted to find it. I was quite surprised to see a giant display in Nordstrom Rack and I was overwhelmed by the selection. I only walked away with this one because I was saving more of my budget for a trip to Ulta. But I sure did love the price of these! I scored this for three dollars and change. (Yay for Oregon NOT having a sales tax!)


Clearly, Black Pearl is not black. I do not care. This is a stunner. I am such a sucker for duochromes and multichromes. This is somewhat pearly but only in the best way. I was a little concerned that this was going to be really sheer but all was resolved with coat number two. Three coats left the tiniest bit of VNL but a fourth coat can fix that. The best news is that this dries really fast so multiple coats are no problem.
This also flowed on the nail beautifully. I'm madly in love, y'all.



Black Pearl starts out a shimmery blue with lots of purple flash. It throws a lovely silvery-grey and green too. Lots of dimension and I'm a happy Lamb.

I wore this as is but then I happened to wander into Walgreens and there was a much picked over WNW Ice Baby display. I grabbed what I could and then I immediately layered.

 Black Pearl layered with
NYC Starry Silver Glitter and 
WNW Cost Is No Issue

Pretty...

I appreciate that neither glitter took away the duo goodness of Black Pearl and complemented nicely.
Eventually I will have actual swatches of the Ice Baby polishes I do have. They are truly fab!

That does it for today. Thank you for coming by and taking a look!

3 Comments

  1. Oooh, it's really pretty by itself but it does look great layered too! LOVE it. I have tons of swatches to do, I'm ridiculously behind lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I don't even want to think how behind I am now. I have stuff I bought in Vegas last month plus what I've picked up this month. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color the name is kinda off! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top