Lamby the happy homemaker

Good morning!

I've had a bit more time on my hands since me and my job parted ways and I've been able to accomplish things I couldn't before. Here's a little bit of what I've been up to.

I love to cook and I've been making Matt some great South Beach meals thanks to my favorite food blog, Kalyn's Kitchen. This recipe for West African Chicken and Peanut Stew is pretty amazing, super easy to make and great for anyone on Phase One of South Beach. I've also begun making more vegetarian meals partly to save money and partly to help Matt lose the extra weight he gained from quitting smoking. Kalyn has fantastic recipes for that too!

We purchased a Kinect for our XBOX 360 this past weekend and we love it! We got a fantastic deal at Fred Meyer and it's already paying for itself. Matt wanted to buy a gym membership but this is much more affordable. Plus, we get to work out AND play together. We purchased the Your Shape Fitness Evolved game and we adore it. It has a great variety of classes, workouts and helps monitor your progress. It's not easy, either! You definitely work. Hence, I overdid things and my legs have been crazy sore!

On the nail polish front, I have been all about frosty white polish. I showed you my swatch of Orly Au Champagne but now I've added Nicole by OPI It's All About the Glam to the party.



I used my ULTA gift card to purchase this since it was nowhere to be found elsewhere. I'm a little embarrassed that I have something Kardashian but then again, this is a pretty awesome color. 

Finally, I finally got to something that I always wanted to but couldn't.

I got my nose pierced!
(Yeah, yeah! Rocking my natural, no makeup face.)

I went to the ONLY place I trust and definitely the best place in town to go,  High Priestess. They did my navel years ago and they are very professional. I think it looks great perhaps better than my pic allows...

There ya have it for now. I have lots to show you from my ULTA haul as well as some fail nail art, cute nail art and other stuffs.

So, what have you been up to?

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top