Hello Holo

Good morning!

It's been a busy time for me. I spent most of the last weekend in Portland to see one of my favorite bands in concert. That will be a post to come later once I sort through my pictures but I'm glad to report that the weather played nice and I spent time with some of the loveliest people in my favorite city in the Northwest. (I love you, Seattle, but Portland owns my heart.)

Anyhoo, I mentioned that I had been inventorying my stash and I realized that there is so much that I have not swatched. I do tend to sit on some polishes because they've been pasted all over the place or I showcase them in nail art. Because I know we all tend to tire of seeing the same old thing. It's a good thing because it allows me the opportunity to reconsider a polish. I'm quite glad I did!

 China Glaze Digital Dawn
Three coats

 ChG Digital Dawn, three coats
topped with one thin coat of OPI DS Passion


Full shot of my supa holo hands.

Do you remember how excited everyone was for the Tronica collection? It seemed to fall flat because it wasn't the super awesome linear holo we'd been clamoring for. Now that time has passed, I love it. No, it's not fully linear. It's more scattered but it is lovely. I'm not about to kick this holo out of bed, yo.

One thing I loved about the polishes I purchased from this collection is that they did not behave as badly as some holos. I didn't get streaks, dragging, bald patches or any of that. It flows right onto the nail and dries quickly. No need for a fancy pants base coat just for holo. Since I'm cheap and on a more limited budget than before, that's a good thing!

 I showed this with a thin layer of a classic, much loved linear holo on top just to show that one can happily rock these ChG and customize it to the linear desired. Plus, it lets one use said holo sparingly since it is HTF and fucking $$$$.
It is worth mentioning that when I reviewed DS Passion before, I didn't like it. Well, I found a way to enjoy it. I've used it as a layering polish. I also reclaimed it from my sister because she does not treat her nail polish well. I cannot abide bad nail polish behaviour!!

That does it today. I'm going to spend the day with my mommy. She will be making super yummy noms for dinner tonight!

Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top