DUCK-y does it!

Good morning!

I showed you a swatch and a water marble with Color Club Daisy Does It. I told you I purchased it because it would be perfect for my Duck Day manicures. Who knew I would get to do it so soon?

Last Saturday, Matt and I went to the Spring Game at Autzen Stadium. It's a fun event that pits the offense coaching staff against the defense coaching staff in a quick game. It's also a chance for new players to show their skills and returning players to bask in the glory.
The Ducks also use the opportunity to hold a can food drive benefiting Food for Lane County. This year, they also honored the Armed Forces in a really neat ceremony at the end of the game. There was also a re-enlistment ceremony for two Navy sailors in which they were congratulated by Coach Chip Kelly and former Duck (and current Baltimore Raven), Haloti Ngata.
What touched me the most was the Kilcullen Memorial Scholarship awarded to two students, in honor of fallen Eugene Police Officer Chris Kilcullen.

Afterward, we walked a few feet to PK Park and caught a Duck Baseball game. (The Ducks won over Cal, yay!)  It was a glorious day and the weather was simply lovely. Here a few photos of the events and my nails.


 The Fighting Ducks vs. The Mighty Ducks
This also my favorite place in Eugene...

 This was a special ceremony honoring the Armed Forces.
The servicemen and women from all branches lined up one side and 
the football players on the other.
The players gave the servicepeople their game jerseys and
in return received a comemorative coin.


PK Park, home of Duck and Eugene Ems baseball.


Duck Vader
I thought for sure I had found the West Coast boyfriend for the always awesome Pink Sith.

FINALLY! THE MANI!!!
Ring finger is Color Club Daisy Does It with ChG Black Mesh
I added a thin coat of DDI over the crackle to finish
All other fingers are Orly Lucky Duck
with ChG Lightening Bolt
Those were topped with a thin coat of ChG Ray-diant.

There ya have it! It was a great day for me and I think I even convinced Matt that baseball is actually fun.
Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a lovely day!

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top