Social Icons

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Light Your Fire, Europe.

Good morning!

I wasn't going to post this weekend but I couldn't resist. I am so ridiculously excited for the final of the Eurovision Song Contest.

I do plan on doing a special Eurovision manicure but since I haven't done it yet, I've nothing to show you.
Anyhoo, I do want to share my favorites from this year's contest. It may give some insight to how deliberately silly the whole thing is. (Except in the Balkans. They are VERY SERIOUS.) Please enjoy and don't be surprised that the music is not good. It's really not meant to be.


Jedward- Waterline 
I love these jumpy little boys. Seriously. We need something like them here in the U.S. (LMFAO does not count.)


The Russian Grannies - This is one of the batshit crazy things I love about Eurovision. It is a treasure trove of campy delights. They even make snacks on stage. Bob love them!


Engelbert Motherfucking Humperdinck - Because it's Engelebert, yo. The only thing better would be my king, Tom Jones. In all seriousness, I love this because my former Mother-in-law was the treasurer of the Engelbert fan club in Los Angeles. My ex-husband met Engelbert many times and had great stories. That is fucking magical.

That's my top three for this year. Although I do *heart* Moldova and FYR Macedonia quite a bit. And Estonia's entrant is pretty damned cute.

That will do for now. I'm off to get snacks before the show starts! Have a great weekend and Happy Memorial Day to my American pals. Remember our servicemen and women!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.