Purple Party

Good morning!

I'm actually writing this before the final of the Eurovision Song Contest so...there's not going to be anything about the winner. I'm sure I will have something to say about it, don't you fret!

In the meantime, here are some fairly recent acquisitions.


 Orly Velvet Rope

Three coats, no top
Blurred to show sparkle

It's Orly. Orly is my favorite. I had to have this because it's purple. What I find interesting about it is that it's not a creme with sparse glitter. It's more of a metallic that flashes blue. I was surprised to find it dry satin matte. Who knew?

 Ulta Purple Haze

Three coats, no top coat

This was a snotch disappointing for me. I love the color, love the duochrome and the shimmer. But it simply would not be opaque and so it goes to my layering bin. Maybe with better base coat could I achieve more opacity but I doubt it. Formula is not too runny, dry time is acceptable.

 Revlon Perplex

Three coats, no top coat

Revlon is just a dupe machine! I am quite grateful for that, really. They did a nice job duping Chanel with color and formula. This applied luxuriously, dried quickly and is a hypnotic color. 
I love my lone Chanel polish and I will get more but let's be honest: I'm CHEAP. I'll still have more Revlon than Chanel. So, yeah.

There ya have it! Thank you for coming by. I hope you all had a great weekend!

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top