Sinister and Sinful

Good morning!

I'm taking the opportunity to catch up a bit on my backlog. It doesn't help that I have purchased a lot more polish that needs to be shown...Oy. It's sad that I am so behind because I should be on top of things now that I'm a homemaker. Not so much. My husband has been keeping me busy and running me ragged! In the very best possible way, mind you. It is amazing to be able to spend so much time with him and with our dear friends.

Let's move on to what's been hiding in my archives then.

 Sinful Colors Rise and Shine

 Three coats, no top coat


 Three coats with top coat

Rise and Shine is an amazing teal that dries satin matte and has a subtle shimmer. It is a two coater but I almost always prefer three. Formula is great and dry time pretty danged quick. I am in love!




 Sinful Colors Sugar, Sugar

Three coats with top coat

Sugar, Sugar is true metallic red with a jelly-ish formula and a hint of gold. The formula was really nice and dry time was acceptable. For some reason, I was wanting a red like this and it reminded me that I was kicking myself for not owning OPI An Affair in Red Square. Random.
My memory of  that OPI said this was a dupe. However...I remembered that my mom has Red Square.

 OPI An Affair in Red Square 

 Three coats, no top coat



Sugar, Sugar and Red Square are definitely not dupes. Sugar has more golden tone and tiny bits of gold glitter. I actually preferred the coverage of Sugar better too. OPI wins with their brush, it's always fabulous.
Overall, I prefer Sugar, Sugar because it had all of the elements I wanted in a metallic red. I would never kick out Red Square though. It's terribly elegant and lovely. 

Well, that does it for today. I'm going to have lunch with the besties and finish up a special project for my girlfriend and her husband. I love surprising people!

Thank you for coming by. I hope you have a lovely day!

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top