Free Gift with Purchase???

Good morning!

Today I have something pretty random. I needed to buy some pure acetone and since I couldn't make it to Sally that day, I went to Fred Meyer. It was a good thing I did. They were having a massive cosmetics sale and wouldn't you know it, they had the acetone on sale for buy one get one free.
What was especially snazzy was that both bottles came with a tiny bottle of nail polish attached. I do like freebies...

Both polishes have no name and they claim to be from the makers of "Hard as Hoof." Which I had never heard of. Then I went to Walmart and saw their nail treatments. So, yeah.


 Hard as Hoof fuschia.
Three coats, no top coat.

This is a bright fuschia that is somewhat frosty and metallic. It's not terribly exciting. The formula is a little runny and sheer but dries fairly quick. I'm not so in to it. 



Hard as Hoof Purple nail lacquer
Layered over Cosmetic Arts neon purple on index and middle, two coats.
Ring and pinkie have two coats over base coat, no top coat.

This one is definitely a blurple duochrome. I'm so disappointed that it applies sheer and streaky but it does make a great layering polish. The formula is a bit runny and does dry quickly. This one is definitely a keeper for me.

Overall, can't complain too much about free polish. I have no idea if this is something that's going to be showing up in the drugstores or what. More likely, it's just a little gimmick to help move polish remover. Whatever. It was neat to get a little something extra.

I got these free with the purchase of Onyx Professional 100% pure acetone at Fred Meyer. I've no idea of availability or much else. All my googling gets me results for buying the acetone at Walmart. Meh.

There ya have it. I thank you for coming by and I hope you have a good one!

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top