The Things That I Did

Good day!

Sorry to keep you waiting. I've been working hard at finding a job and I hit a bit of a wall on the metal series. I have a good idea for a manicure in the next entry, I'm just having difficulty with the execution. However, I have some random looks that I have done within the last month that I had not yet posted.
Please enjoy!

Milani Rad Purple with Zoya Harley/Love & Beauty Silver Glitter accent.

This was a second attempt at trying to wear Rad Purple on its own. It looks good in this photo but it was pretty danged streaky. My best results with it have always been with layering and sponging. Thus, it goes into the layering bin.

Gradient with Sally Hansen HD Byte, LCD and Wavelength

This was a bish to photograph, y'all. And it was a sunny day! Anyway. I applied a base of LCD, applied Wavelength just a bit below that and Byte a little bit more below that. I then repeated each color on down the nail. It was really lovely to look at and very simple. However, I will skip Wavelength the next time and just use LCD and Byte because Wavelength is too warm. This is also right after I had to cut my nails thanks to the attack of the peelies and divots.

Pastel Jelly Sandwich

It was a partly cloudy day and for some reason, I wanted a milky, pastel jelly sandwich. I used Sinful Colors Cinderella and Revlon Whimsical on index, middle and pinkie. I alternated coats ending up with two of each color. Lastly, I added a VERY thin coat of Max Factor Bombshell Blue to give a snotch of shimmer.
My ring finger was problematic. I wanted to use Essie Marshamallow and Revlon Starry Pink but I realized Marshmallow over Starry Pink looked bad. So I did a base of two coats Marshamallow and one coat Starry Pink. 

Macro of Revlon Facets of Fuschia and Kleancolor Chunky Holo Black
Jelly Sandwich

I have done this before and took terrible photos of it. (HERE, in case you want to re-visit.) I was going to re-create it for something else and then I changed my mind. I really do need to try the original out again and take better photos. This however is two coats of Facets of Fuschia and two coats of Chunky Holo Black.
It is so cool. 

That's all I have for you now. I'm taking the rest of the day off to work on designing a look for the next installment in the metal series. Stay tuned! Have a lovely day, all.

P.S. I almost forgot to thank all of the new followers who have liked my Facebook page. Thank you so much, I truly appreciate your support!

4 Comments

  1. Great looks, good luck on your job search. Can't wait to see what you will do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by and the kind wish. I'm still working on the next metal design but I hope to have it up before the end of the week!

      Delete
  2. The last mani reminds me of Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about it, but you're right! Now I have an option for the holiday this year.
      Thank you for coming by!

      Delete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top