MOIST...

Good morning!

I have a friend who hates the word, "moist." It conjures up gross images for her and makes her skin crawl when she hears it. I don't blame her, it is a weird and unpleasant sounding word. For me, it conjures up images of women pulling wads of bills out of what I affectionately call the "boob vault." Clearly, I have worked in retail for too long and have had to endure sorting out warm, moist cash that had been nestled inside of another woman's bra. (Seriously, don't do that. Money is teeming with filth and germs already. Placing it inside your undergarment just takes the transaction to a whole new level of unwanted intimacy.)
What a pleasant way to start your day. I apologize. The point remains though. Some words have negative connotations just because of how they sound.

A moist towelette museum is a thing. Who knew?

I started with this little anecdote because today I am reviewing a new to me product. It's a moisturizer and boy, do I have a lot to say about moisturizers. I started religiously using moisturizers and sun protection when I was 15. Living in Southern California, I wanted to avoid looking like I was made of leather and I didn't want to look ten years older. I also did not want teh skin cancer. I've rarely had issue with sun protection. I've usually managed to find good product that does the trick. Moisturizer, on the other hand, has been like trying to find the Ark of the Covenant.

I have found two moisturizers in twenty-one years that fulfilled all of my needs. One was from Avon and another was a store brand from CVS. Both have been long since discontinued. My problem is that it is either too rich or not rich enough. I never seem to find the perfect balance. I've tried the spectrum, mind you. Everything from drugstore brands to a super organic, eco-friendly salon only brand from Australia.
Nope, nope, nope. My face was left feeling like a soggy donut or dessicated pudding skin.

Currently, I've been using Cocoa Butter oil and it was okay. Would take a little too long to absorb and I'd have to wait longer to apply my sun protection. I'm lazy so um...I was a bit peeved. That changed when I received an email from Skin Care Rx informing me that I had won free product.
Skin Care Rx graciously sent a full size bottle of Bobbi Brown Protective Face Lotion SPF 15. Well, what did I have to lose?


Let's discuss the packaging first. The bottle has a locking cap which I love. So great for travelling and it's something I prefer even at home because I always worry things will oxidize or dry out.
I think the bottle looks elegant too. Minimal design, cool looking crest logo. But that's just me.

Moving on to the real deal. This is an oil free, lightweight lotion. It has a very mild, slightly herbal scent that dissipates quickly. No wonder since it has chamomile in it.


I love that a little goes a very long way. The amount dispensed on my hand in the photo above is the perfect amount for my face. I use a snotch more for my neck. The lotion spreads easily, is quickly absorbed and does not leave whiteness or sheen.

So how did it work for me?
FABULOUSLY. I know right away when a moisturizer won't cut it. Within thirty seconds I either feel waterlogged or my face feels like it's been stretched. This did neither. My skin felt hydrated and comfortable.
I have normal skin in as far as my T-zone is oily and the rest is not. However, I do have this weird dry patch on my forehead. In the oiliest part of my face, a dry and scaly patch. So weird. Better yet, it's partly on a wrinkle that is developing on my forehead. (I'm thirty-six, wrinkles are gonna happen.) 
This keeps that dry patch moisturized and doesn't irritate it. But it doesn't make my oily spots feel, well, oilier. 

I have been using this faithfully for almost two weeks in the morning and at night. My skin has felt perfectly hydrated. I'm most impressed with the chamomile since it has soothing properties. That dry, scaly patch I talked about? No longer itches and is no longer irritated. It's also not as dry. I feel confident that it will continue to improve as I use this more.
Bobbi Brown Protective Face Lotion SPF 15 also has vitamin E. This is important because vitamin E has been shown to help heal some sun damage. Which is not to say that you should skip your sun protection and then slather yourself in vitamin E. No, no. However, if you're a little late to the sun protection game, this can help.

As I said before, I use sun protection religiously. While I'm pleased this has SPF 15, I did not skip using my usual sun protection. But it is good to know that I'm covered for the very brief period I head out to turn on the sprinklers for my garden in the morning. 


Would I recommend this? Absolutely. I've had such great results and I'm pleased that I need to use so little.
Even though Bobbi Brown Protective Face Lotion SPF 15 retails for $48 on the average, it's a good value since you don't have to use a lot. (Bobbi Brown Cosmetics can be purchased at Apothica.)

I'm just so happy that I have finally found the moisturizer I needed. Now my face is MOIST but only in the best way! Plus, I can continue to not look my thirty-six years of age. Which is important since I am a trophy wife after all. ;)

Thank you so much for coming by today. I hope you will have a great weekend. I'm pretty excited for mine because I get to paint my nail polish room/office tomorrow!


Disclosure: I was sent this product by Skin Care Rx for review. The opinions therein are wholly my own and not necessarily representative of Skin Care Rx, Apothica and skinbotanica
I don't know how they feel about the word, "moist" either.

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top