Nice DUCK-ing Life

Good day!

Today I have the Duck Day manicure for September 22. Oregon will be playing Arizona tonight. It's going to be a rough game for me to watch because Arizona has a good defense. I'm used to my Ducks torching their opponents and Arizona's defense stands a good chance of keeping them from scoring 60 some odd points.
Anyhoo...we are going to a friend's house to watch the game and I'm looking forward to it.

Moving on to the nails:

I've been seeing a lot of watermarbling lately because there is a 30/31 day nail art challenge going around. It inspired me to do one myself because I haven't done one for awhile now.
I struggled a lot with this. Some colors weren't working, some couldn't be the bottom layer on the water, and so on. I persevered and came away with a very pretty manicure.



Left Hand



Right Hand

What I used:
Essence Nail Art Protecting Base Coat
NOPI It's All About The Glam - 1 coat as base
Zoya Creamy and China Glaze Watermelon Rind
Oregon temporary tattoo
Sally Hansen Insta-dri Top Coat

I love it. It's funny that it's so soft and pretty except for the pinkie on my left hand. The colors on that one are vibrant. It's that kind of randomness that I appreciate about marbling.
This manicure really looks like tie-dye. Which works since you can buy tie-dye tees at the Duck Store and Eugene is full of hippies. Aging and wannabe.
I also laughed at the index finger on my right hand. I didn't dip the entire nail and didn't know it until I took it from the water. I decided to roll with it and I think it looks pretty good. 
Though it took a lot of struggle to get to this point, I'm so happy with it.

That will do for today. I have to get DUCKed out before the game. Thanks for coming by and...GO DUCKS!

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top