Not so special Poppies

Good morning!

Today I have some stamped nail art to show you that I did about two/three weeks ago. I was wearing a "poppy" print dress that inspired me. So I busted out my stamping gear and had some fun.


Base is Orly Au Champagne on all nails.
Stamps are Konad Special Polish in red
Dots are Wet n' Wild Black Creme and done with dotting tool
Fingr's plate B17

It came out really cute. I wanted to try to replicate the pattern with my dotting tool but I didn't have enough time. I didn't have a proper poppy design on any of my plates so I decided to choose a close approximation.
I used a Fingr's stamping plate that I got from Walmart. I keep seeing the original stamping kit there but not the two pack I purchased. (I have the kit too. The stamp and plate are great but their polish is rubbish.)
So...yeah. If you like this design, best of luck finding that plate.
However, I'm just about done with Konad Special Polish. My white one streaks, smears and runs when I apply topcoat no matter how long I let it dry. The red one has always been a nightmare for me with the streaking as well as terrifying clean up. I should have hunted my stash for a good red creme but I didn't.
Lesson learned. 

Here's some shots of my manicure against my skirt:



Even though the design isn't exact, I really love how it turned out. I wish my right hand had. My left hand was shaking so bad when I was using the dotting tool and my polka dots were smeary. Ugh. I'm also annoyed that my left index finger managed to get dinged. I really don't know how it happened. And I didn't notice it until I took my photos. (Everything was bone dry so I must have been up against something hard and scrape-y.) Oh well.

That will do for today! I have to go back to work. Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a great day!

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top