Won The Day

Good morning!

Today is Duck Day mani for September 15, 2012. Oregon played Tennessee Tech and won 63-14.
For this manicure, I decided to use the plastic wrap method and only green and yellow.






What I used:
Essence Nail Art Protecting Base coat
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening as base color, two coats 
Joe Fresh Jade
Small piece of crumpled plastic wrap/cling film

I'm quite pleased with the results except for the random bits and bobs of other nail polishes that got stuck on there. Lesson of that is don't reuse your plastic wrap unless you clean it off.  I've done two  other plastic wrap manis lately and their remnants were still hanging around. Now I know.

I would love to do this again and add some other elements. I wish I had stamping plates with ducks or footballs on them...
Quick word about the Essence base coat. I really liked it. I was surprised to see it apply rather milky but it dries to a satiny finish and smooths things out nicely. I may have to stock up!

So, there ya have it for today. I'm off to visit my mother-in-law today.
Thanks for coming by and have a lovely Sunday!


2 Comments

  1. I love this one. I really need to try this plastic wrap deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you get to try this technique. I'd love to see what you do!

      Delete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top