Social Icons

Friday, October 19, 2012

Holo Goodness at Grocery Outlet

Good day!

Back in July, I stumbled upon a great find at Grocery Outlet. I went just to pick up some staples and wandered through the health and beauty aisles just for funsies.
Initially I wasn't terribly impressed until I turned around and spied packages of nail polish on the bottom shelf of an endcap.
I almost screamed because I found a five pack of Sally Hansen Nail Prisms. Seriously. Did I mention that I paid $5.99 for it? Yeah, HTF goodies at a ridiculously low price.

I've kind of sort of shown some of the duochromes I got in that pack but I waited for the perfect opportunity to showcase the two holos. And then I promptly forgot that I had taken, edited and uploaded the photos. I was a little bit preoccupied with finding a job so...yeah.
Now I have a job and now I can show you my little treasures. Yay!



Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Blush Diamond
Three coats over L.A. Colors base coat

Normally, pink isn't my thing. But this has some purple tones and a great scattered holo. Formula is a bit thin but applies without bald patches or streaking. I was surprised with how quickly it dried too. 




Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Golden Tourmaline
Three coats over L.A. Colors base coat

Red holo? YES PLEASE. Now, this is how you do a scattered holo. Formula is a snotch thin but dries very quickly. Didn't have any issues with application in as far as bald patches or streaks. 

Both of these were such a great find and just a joy to use. Now I'm addicted and have to find MOAR.

That will do for today. Tomorrow I will have my Duck Day/49er mani to show you. Which by the way, was very good for me since both of my team's won!

Thanks for coming by and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you got a job! Yaay!

    What a great shopper you are! You scored the bargain of the year! They look amazing on you as well.

    Now, where is the nearest Grocery Outlet to me I wonder?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.