Social Icons

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Inspired nail art

Good morning!

Today I have some nail art inspired by a dress I bought right before Thanksgiving. I linked to it previously but basically, it's a wrap dress. I love wrap dresses. Easy to wear and they look good on anybody.
May Bob bless Diane von Furstenburg for inventing them. Sadly, I cannot afford DVF so I picked up this dress at Old Navy.

Anyhoo, the dress is red with an abstract black/white dot print. It's totally me and I love it. Enough so that I had to create a manicure.




It's not a photo of the dress but at least you can see the print!


The base color for this is Mattiz #10. Which is one of my favorite red jellies and well, one of my favorite red polishes of all time.
I used Wet n' Wild Mad Styles and Black Creme for the dots. This gave me the opportunity to use my new Essence double sided dotting tool.

I think this came out great but I've learned that my bottle of Mad Styles is getting thick. No bueno. I also realized I could add more dots. I edited a bit too much. I may have to rock this look again the next time I wear the dress.

That will do for today. I just filed my nails down the other day and I still have photos of the old talons to post. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.