Social Icons

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another fine mess

Good morning!

I was going through my stash the other day and found a polish that has changed color on me. We've all encountered this at some point but it was no less shocking for me when I saw it. Now, I always store my polish out of direct sunlight and I'm obsessed with ensuring that they are stored at room temperature. I've also learned to make sure all my bottles are tightly capped as well. But...it happened.
(On a side note, I need to post about my storage. It has truly evolved.) I have to admit, I'm not really disappointed.

The polish in question is Nabi Magnetic in Teal. I posted about here but I want to show my photos again.


Nabi Magnetic Teal, three coats

Not bad, not bad. Clearly more of an emerald rather than teal. Lovely color nonetheless. But this is what it looks like now:



Nabi Magnetic Teal, three coats

Yep. Now it is more of an olive green. It is still a lovely color and I was relieved that it still worked with the magnet. I was also so happy that the pretty gold glitter was not muddied or disappeared.
It still applies well and dries fast so the formula was not compromised.

I have no idea how this happened. It's been tightly capped, kept in an opaque box and never been subjected to extremes in temperature. Given how little I know about cosmetic chemistry, I have no answer. But I am happy that it turned into an equally lovely color and not something unappealing.

Go figure.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.