Social Icons

Monday, January 21, 2013

Gone with the wind fabulous

Good morning.

Today I have the second Orly polish I picked up during the Sally Beauty BOGO. Oh, Orly...I love you so.



Orly Red Carpet
Three coats over base coat, no top coat

Red Carpet appears to be a classic red in bottle but leans a bit more to the tomato red on nail. It has lots of fine red and silver microglitter. It applies gorgeously and dries very fast. It's also more of a jelly but builds very nicely and is pretty much opaque at three coats. I did find that it dries a bit flat and a teensy bit bumpy.
Once you add top coat, it's  a great squishy texture and the glitter twinkles a bit better.
The glitter is pretty subtle though.

I've read that some have compared it to China Glaze Ruby Pumps but it is not a dupe. Orly Star Spangled is more a dupe. (You can see my comparison HERE.) Nonetheless, Red Carpet is really lovely. I surprised myself by picking it up because I often pass by reds. But this just sung to me and in my basket it went.

Red Carpet is part of the permanent collection and can easily be found at most Sally Beauty stores and online at SallyBeauty.com.

I purchased this at Sally Beauty for $6.49 with my Sally Beauty Club Card. It retails for $6.99 without the club card.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a gorgeous shade! I'm not usually much of a red polish sort of girl but this is really lovely xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.