Social Icons

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hola Chiquita

Good morning.

Today I have something I only showed as part of a layered look. 2011 was not the best year for me and nails. My nails were just a hot mess and I was unable to get most polishes to be opaque. I have no idea what the hell was going on. We're a little over a year later and things have improved. Now I can better show off this pretty polish.



China Glaze Senorita Bonita
Three coats over base

Oh Senorita Bonita...I'm sorry things didn't work out for us before. You are so pretty.
Of course I would love this. Purple is my favorite color and this has such a shimmery glow that is utterly captivating. I love that it can appear cool or warm depending on the light. I even appreciate the pink cast thanks to the fine pink shimmer. Just lovely.

This time around, this became opaque at three coats. I don't know why it wouldn't before. It applied nicely and dried quickly. First coat was quite sheer but it builds up very well. I'm so relieved. I really thought I would have to get rid of it because it just would not work. I'm glad that's not the case.

Senorita Bonita was part of China Gaze Island Escape collection from 2011. I purchased this at Sally Beauty in 2011 but I do not recall how much I paid. This can still be found at many e-tailers and ebay.

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful polish! I bought 108 Degrees instead of this one, but I think I would have used Senorita Bonita more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Senorita Bonita is just so pretty and it was the only one I wanted from that collection.

      Delete
  2. I'm usually not really into purples but I really like this polish! And that stuff about your polish not getting opaque is interesting :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this a purple most could enjoy, it's not too dark and the shimmer adds something special. I don't know why I couldn't get many polishes to be opaque that year. My health wasn't excellent so that may have had something to do with it.

      Delete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.