Social Icons

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Boho baby

Good day!

Matt and I went to visit his mom for her birthday on Sunday and we had such a lovely time. The day started out really good and it inspired me to take some time and do some nail art. I love having the time to leisurely do my nails, with my kitties hanging out with me and sipping on a super spicy Bloody Mary. (Sunday mornings are real good at my house, y'all.)

I wanted to do some stamping and use some nail polish that I either hadn't used in a while or not had the opportunity to use in nail art.




I fell in love with a bohemian themed stamping plate from Essence and I used five designs from it. My base color is L.A. Colors Cactus. You can see my original swatch HERE. I didn't want to use gold to stamp with and then I remembered I had China Glaze Metallic Muse. I knew it would really pop over my base and it's one of the best polishes I've used for stamping.
I used it for the full nail design as well as the bird and owl. Thinking this still needed something, I grabbed Golden Rose Fashion Color 34. It's a foiled rose gold that is very similar to Orly Rage. I didn't expect it to stamp all that well but it performed better than I expected. The paisley and flower looked really nice.

I think it came out really nice!

As I said, the day was a lot of fun. I got to hit up Kmart for nail polish as well as Fred Meyer and Dollar Tree. That means I will have lots and lots to swatch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.