Social Icons

Monday, February 11, 2013

I shuffled for a truffle

Good morning!

As I told you before, I was training for a 2 mile walk in the Truffle Shuffle.  Yesterday was the day and it was hella cold and grey. I finished my walk in 29:40 and Matt finished his 2 mile run in 20:47.  It was a lot of fun and I feel good that today I'm not very sore, just still tired.

Naturally, I needed to have a snazzy manicure so I did some nail art. This year's logo was my inspiration:


Image via bbbslane.org

This is what I came up with:



#198, baby.


I painted a base of Sally Hansen Black Patent Leather on all of my nails. Then I grabbed one of my fauxnad plates I got from eBay that had a cute footprint design. I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lickety-split Lime to stamp with. 
I used that color again along with China Glaze Grape Pop and Pure Ice Platinum Base Coat for the dots. My Essence double ended dotting tool came in very handy. It allowed me to do put tiny dots on the footprints and much larger dots on my other fingers. I thought it came out really cute. 

If you were wondering why it's called the "Truffle Shuffle" it's because all participants receive a chocolate truffle from Euphoria Chocolate at the end of the race. If you ever find yourself in Eugene and you enjoy delicious chocolate confections, I strongly recommend visiting Euphoria. They are sublime.

That will do for now, I will be back at it swatching and photographing the rest of my Zoya collection.

One item used in the creation of this look was provided to me for review. All other items were purchased by me with my own money.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.