Crystal Mountain

Good day!

I'm back from Portland. I had an amazing time. Moonspell was brilliant! Matt took elebentybillion photos for me and I was at the very front of the stage. I didn't get to meet the band in the way I hoped but...I did get my poster signed by 3 out of the 5 members. And I got to shake hands with Fernando yet again as well as Ricardo and Mike. All in all, it was fantastic and I long for Moonspell to come back again already. I will be posting some of the photos but it will take me a little while. I have over 700 photos to go through.

I also got to do some shopping in Portland. We hit Ikea for a new nightstand for Matt, went to Urban Outfitters and Ulta for nail polish and then I visited one of my favorite places to shop, City Liquidators. Didn't find anything for my bedroom like I hoped but I did get my sister a nice little gift. But we'll talk about that another time.

Sadly, Matt got really sick on Saturday. Not sure what he came down with but it was bad. I lucked out and didn't get sick but I felt terrible for Matt. The good news is that he is much better today and was able to make it to work.

That's the latest so let's look at some nail polish.


Zoya Crystal
Three coats over base coat

When the Flame collection came out I longed for Crystal. I loved that it wasn't your typical glittery blue. It has glorious gold flakes flooding a metallic blue base. Yes.

The formula is so great, it applies beautifully and dries quick. The first coat is a bit sheer but it builds nicely. As always, I prefer three coats for opacity. 

I had swatched this in Summer of 2011 but I hated the photos and never posted them. I just deleted them. I wish I had swatched this on a sunny day so I could have photos with sunlight as well as my Ott light. But the weather was grey, rainy and foggy for weeks. Bleh. Nonetheless, this is a beautiful polish and I adore it.

That will do for now. I'm still working on lightening my middle and ring fingernails after the Great Haircolor Disaster. I did swatch a lot before this so I have plenty to post until I get my nails back in shape. Oy.

I purchased this in 2011 from Zoya.com for $7.00. 

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top