I have some good news...and some nail polish!



Good morning!

I'm super excited to tell you guys that I will be officiating my brother's wedding in May! I was honored to be asked and I'm pleased to be able to do so. I will also be doing my soon to be sister-in-law's nails for the event so you will be seeing some "drafts" of nail art for her to choose from.
This is extraordinarily good news that I couldn't help but share with you all. Bonus: The wedding is on my birthday. Can't think of a neater way to spend my birthday.

That said, I want to show you a lilac polish that actually works for me.


Nina Ultra Pro Lilac-ing Discipline
Three coats over base coat

I've complained time and again how lilacs and lavenders make me look jaundiced. I'm pleased to say this does not. It's not because of the color formula itself. As I have become older, my skin tone has changed. I used to be very pale and lilac brought out yellow in me. Now I'm darker and lilac looks a hell of a lot better.
So, yay and I can clearly see how I am taking after my mother. Same thing occurred with her in her thirties too. Interesting...

So let's talk about this polish. The formula was nice. Nothing exciting but nice. It wasn't streaky or chalky. The first coat was sheer but it built nicely. Three coats is best for opacity, however. The dry time was much faster than anticipated but not amazingly super fast as some. Ninas now feature a wide brush similar to those in some Sally Hansen lines. I love the brush because it really works well with my curved, tubular nails.

Overall, I'm so happy I can wear pastels in the purple family and not look like I had hepatitis. That was not a good look for me before.


I purchased this at Sally Beauty Supply on February 23 when beauty Club Member received double rewards.



Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top