Latte please



Good morning!

Today I have another discontinued polish from my goody bag to show you. I really love a lot of CND products. But I always had a problem with their polish. The colors were amazing but they never, ever dried on me. Which was especially frustrating for the gorgeous, dark teal jelly I once had. I'll be damned if I remember its name but I had purchased it when I worked at Ed Wyse Beauty Supply and promptly gave it away in the Zoya Exchange once I realized that no matter what, it was never going to dry on me.

I found that dry issue to be the same for all the rest of them. (Hey, I got to try a lot of polish when I worked at Ed Wyse.) Then I found out I was not alone. Made me feel better but it seriously bummed me out. So I wasn't surprised when CND discontinued them all. I still haven't tried the new formulations but at least I hear good things about them.

I bring it up because in my gift bag I found an old CND.



Creative Nail Design Cinch My Corset
Three coats over base coat

I was VERY hesitant about this. I'd been burned before. I'm pleased to say that this did dry for me. However, I waited almost 20 minutes between coats because I wanted to ensure I really had given enough time.
The formula is a bit thick and needs to be thinned. I would chalk that up to age because I remember this applying very fluidly back in the day. 

Here's what I love:
The color is lovely. In bright light it's very similar to coffee with cream. In darker light, it leans much more light milk chocolate. The shimmer is really pretty and a bit understated. It's a perfect neutral and wholly acceptable for the office.

Here's what I'm not keen on:
Since the formula has turned, it has thickened and does not apply evenly. I will thin it out and see what happens then. I'm sure it'll apply much nicer.
It is sheerer than what I like. The coverage is okay with three coats but I would prefer four. It's not patchy or shows VNL but it just looks more like a wash of color at three coats. I want COLOR period.

I'm thrilled that this does dry for me. I may have been overly cautious about my wait between coats so I definitely will try again. Especially after I thin it out.
It's just nice to have a CND in my stash. I was beginning to think I'd never have representation!

Did you ever have issues with the old formula polishes? Have you tried the new formulas?




Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top