The lights that lie



Good morning!

So it seems I didn't make the goal I set for my self. It was kind of a long week for me and very busy. Plus, there is the Eurovision Song Contest tomorrow. I won't let anything get in my way of that! I'll have more to discuss about it I'm sure but today I will give you all a reprieve. (Though you should check out Romania's entry this year. Holy buckets!)

Today I want to talk about a polish that appeared one way in the store and was quite yet another once I brought it home.



Essence Colour n Go in Do You Speak Love?
Two coats over base coat

When I saw this at Fred Meyer, I swear it looked more like an oxblood red. Once I got it home, I saw that is was a classic red creme. I was a little disappointed because I don't have an oxblood in my stash and that was kind of interesting. Nonetheless, this turned out to be a really nice polish.

I used two coats because it was so well pigmented. Dry time was great and the color is classic and lovely. I was just blown away by the two coat business. I've never had a red that applies smooth and opaque in less than three. So, good job Essence!

Because I was bummed that it wasn't the color I thought it would be, I decided to layer it. Just so happened that I had another new glitter polish that hadn't yet been swatched...


Essence Do You Speak Love topped with
Milani Red Sparkle

Milani Red Sparkle is one of the One Coat Glitters that came out awhile back. Evidently, there were two versions floating around, the one you see on me and one with only red glitter. Here's another thing: My bottle doesn't have "One Coat Glitter" labeled on it. Weird, right? I thank Milani for the little puzzle. I do love to research...

Anyway. My version of Red Sparkle is red and gold glitter in a clear base. I used two coats over this. I primarily bought it to be a layering glitter because I doubt very much it will build up into something I could handle wearing. In spite of that, it certainly works well with Do You Speak Love. It did dry quickly and wasn't terribly gritty.

The whole thing is fairly uninspired and unoriginal but...it's all I have right now. The rain came back with a vengeance and the grey skies are bumming me out. One of these days, I'll use Red Sparkle in a more interesting way.

Well, that ended on a downer. This means I should go get myself a snack and perhaps a glass of wine. See you Monday!

I purchased both of these at Fred Meyer, albeit on different days. I paid $4.49 for the Milani and $1.99 for the Essence.

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top