What's Going on with Lamby

Good morning!

I decided to just do a random post today since I almost never post on Sundays. Not gonna lie, I'm totally ripping off Kelly at Vampy Varnish. But she is one of my very favorites and I want to be cool like her too.

Moonspell
Hawthorne Theater Portland, Oregon
3.7.13

What's on T.V
Since giving up cable, I've watched a lot of Netflix and Hulu. The shows I watch are Scandal, Revenge, Modern Family, Nashville, Hannibal, The Voice, How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory.
I found some ways to catch up on Dexter, True Blood and the Real Housewife franchise. I admit it, I love all of those crazy women. I also watched the Eurovision Song Contest yesterday and it was delightfully tacky, silly and campy.

Current Listening
Of course, I am listening to a lot of Moonspell. I just downloaded some bonus tracks from the Night Eternal album from iTunes thanks to a gift card my brother got me. I've also been listening to a lot of Sabaton on Grooveshark ever since I got the Carolus Rex album last year. I'm looking forward to getting the new Chthonic album and I'm psyched for new Amon Amarth.  Otherwise, I listen to NPR every morning. I can't bear to face the day without Morning Edition and Fresh Air.

Reading
I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't read much beyond some magazines and Reddit. I just haven't had time to go to the library and no time to actually read. My weekends have been jam packed and in the evenings I have to choose between reading or hanging out with Matt. I love my husband but he is kind of needy. (He hates when I read because I completely tune him out and he feels ignored.) That said, I have books by Christopher Hitchens and Margaret Atwood on my to read list. I'm also desperate to get a hold of What Are You Doing Here: A Black Woman's Life and Liberation In Heavy Metal by Laina Dawes and Geek to Guitar Hero by Alex Skolnick. (Alex is the guitarist of Testament and the Alex Skolnick Trio as well as a very cool and super smart guy.) I will pretty much buy any non-fiction book about heavy metal.

New Obsessions
I'm all done with my painting of the house so I had to find some other activities. I decided to take almost all of the frames from our photo wall and paint them white so they will pop against the orange wall. I'm also about to make some art to hang in my bedroom. I saw a cool tutorial for canvas art using puffy paint and Mod Podge that I have to try. Check it out HERE. I want to use lyrics from songs for it. Mainly Mute by Moonspell and Todas As Ruas Do Amor by Flor-de-Lis. I'll be using the English translation for the latter however.
My Auntie bought me a great craft kit for my birthday so I've been creating all kinds of small things.  One of the things I did with it was block stamping on a skirt. Auntie gave me a cute white skirt and I stamped the hem with fabric dye paint. It came out kind of crooked and I had to double stamp much of it but I was still pleased with how it turned out. I wore it last weekend and got a ton of compliments. So, yay for me being a messy and uncoordinated crafter!

What's Coming Up
I have a couple of review opportunities coming up. Still have some work to do on that before I'm able to show them to you. But I am looking forward to it and I think you'll enjoy them. 
I'm planning on getting a complete redesign for the blog done. However, I don't yet have a timeline for doing it since Matt will be helping me. He's playing in a golf league and running in 5Ks so he's a bit busy. But it will be done! 
Otherwise, I'm looking forward to more family get togethers and seeing photos from my nephew's high school graduation. (Seriously bummed I can't make it but I just don't have the money to fly to Kansas.)

So there ya have it! Thanks for indulging me.

By the way, I did upload all of my photos from the Moonspell show in March. You can check them out HERE.

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top