OPI Black Label Society

Good morning!

Today I bring another OPI from the goody bag I got from my mommy. This was a surprise for me given how much I liked it. It was also cool to add another black label to my collection. I'm not obsessed with tracking them down but I do feel a small bit of triumph when I snag one.

OPI Bright Lights Big Color


OPI Bright Lights Big Color is from the Brights Collection of 2005. It's a core member of the family and still easily obtainable. My bottle still has the label from Trade Secrets when Jennifer originally purchased it. She had paid $7.50 at the time. Oh...those were the days, no?


OPI Bright Lights Big Color
Three coats over base coat

I was surprised how much I liked this. I remember looking at it when I worked at Ed Wyse and thought it was okay. But I don't like pink and that made me pass it up. I feel so silly because look at that shimmer! So lovely! Plus, it's a duochrome cousin with its color shifting shimmer.

Anyway. It's a sheer but build-able pink loaded with green shimmer that flashes gold and yellow. The formula was still great and applied really well. It's thin and easy to work with. Three coats was best for opacity, however there is still a wee bit of visible nail line. Dry time was super fast. 

I like it as is but what makes it a keeper for sure is that it can be layered over other polishes. I tried it over black, and forgot to photograph it but it looked awesome. Because it has a thin formula, it's really great for layering because you can get a very thin coat that isn't streaky or cloudy.

This has become a new favorite for summer, so you'll probably be seeing it a lot!

I received this as a gift from my mom. I can tell you it was originally purchased at Trade Secrets. This is a core of the Brights Collection and can be easily obtained at Ulta for $9.



Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top