Today I have the Perlier Lemon Sorbet Crackling Ice Body Water to talk to you about.
Perlier Lemon Sorbet Crackling Ice Body Water is a really cool beauty product. It's a lightweight moisturizer that effervesces on the skin, leaving it cooler and refreshed. It has a pleasant, fresh lemon scent that is so delightful on a hot day. You can make this experience all the chillier by keeping it in the refrigerator for an extra shot of coolness. It can be used anywhere you need to cool off but it is really great for tired, sweaty feet.
Applying it to the skin is a kind of odd experience but really fun. It comes out like a very loose mousse texture and immediately begins bubbling and crackling. It totally makes me think of Pop Rocks candy! This arrived the day before we spent may hours out in the sun at a softball game. When we all got home, we were all feeling overheated and tired. I pulled this out of the fridge and applied it to the back of my sister's neck and she felt immediately refreshed. I really loved how lightweight the texture is. I usually keep a bottle of aloe vera gel in the fridge in the summer but I don't like how I end up sticky. Perlier Lemon Sorbet Crackling Ice Body Water won't leave skin feeling sticky and frankly, it smells a heck of a lot better than my aloe vera gel.
I tried it out on Matt when we got home from softball too and he said it was burning the back of his neck. Turns out he had a slight burn because he forgot to re-apply his sunscreen again. (Bad Matt!) So, I definitely recommend NOT applying this to skin that is already irritated.
Look at the bubbles!
In this shot, I used a really small amount and kept in one spot. It was immediately chilly and began crackling. It's not unpleasant, just different. The amount above was able to spread over almost my entire forearm.
Poppin' and rockin'
The amount above was a second application with just a little less product. Still covered the majority of my forearm. So, a little can really go a long way. It is pretty cool that this still is crackling even while you smooth it over your skin.
What I liked:
- I love citrus scents so this is perfect for me
- The novelty of the effervescence is just really fun
- It does provide a cooling and refreshing sensation
What I didn't like:
- Initially, I thought of furniture polish when I first applied it. However, it mellowed out really fast. My second scent impression was Fruity Pebbles cereal. That was better than my first for sure. Rest assured, it mellows to a very soft and pleasant lemon scent. That final note makes me long for limoncello...
- It is a very light moisturizer. I also found it was a bit drying when I applied it to my forehead. So, don't look to this to supplement your moisturizing routine.
Overall, I think this is a really cool product and great for a quick skin refreshment in the summer. Plus, I do like smelling like lemon!
You can get Perlier Lemon Sorbet Crackling Ice Body Water at HSN by visiting the following link:
It retails for $24.50 but you can get $5.00 off if use the coupon code iFabbo5.
This product was sent to me for review through the iFabbo shop.