What is this?


Good day!

Today I have another polish purchased at Dollar Tree. I have a hard time resisting buying yet another Sinful Colors there. I really like the brand and have several that are near and dear to my heart. This, this is not one of those and is worthy of the adage of you get what you pay for.



Mystery Sinful Colors
Three coats over base coat and ridge filler

Let's get a couple of things out of the way: My swatches look awful and I managed to pick up so much cat hair and fuzzies whilst applying this. Which I did not know about until I reviewed these photos. Cool.

I don't know which color this is. I compared my swatches to Innocent and Pistache and it certainly could be either. The reason why I don't know which it is is because it had no label. WTF? I expect that from the no-name brands sold at Dollar Tree not with the name brands. (Sometimes L.A. Colors but then again, it's pretty simple to find the names for those.)

Anyway, I regret having spent my four quarters on this. It's thick and gloppy. It does not self level. However, dry time is pretty quick. But my biggest complaint is that it stained my nails. Terribly stained my nails. I was wearing a base of Nail Magic topped with Bridge the Ridge ridge filler. This shit ate right through and left a nasty yellow stain. A stain that will NOT GO AWAY.

It's been two weeks since I wore it and the stain has faded a tiny bit. In spite of using whitening paste and lightly buffing. It's awful! It's just as difficult to remove as hair color. No. Me. Gusta.
So, I say avoid this. The color is great but it's just not worth the application hassle and the staining. Let this also be a painful lesson in chemistry. Sometimes when matter meets matter, the results are not so awesome.

That was a downer. However, good things to come and much happier results. Keep an eye out!

I really did use quarters to pay for this at Dollar Tree. I'm a believer in keeping spare change on me at all times. You never know when you need bus fare, have to feed a parking meter or find cheap nail polish.


One Comment

  1. Yikes! Sorry to learn you had to take one for the team!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top