Haken - Oregon's Own

Good morning!

Back in August 2009, I took a day trip to Sisters, Oregon with my in-laws. We visited a gift store that inexplicably was selling nail polish. It was a brand I hadn't heard of and I just had to try it. I only bought one and it was gorgeous. So beautiful that it inspired me to start blogging about nail polish. You can view my terrible swatch HERE. (I am going to be re-swatching it just so you know.)
Anyway, I was obsessed with this brand and constantly badgered Matt to take me back. It took almost four years but I finally made it.

Here's the sad news: This brand has been discontinued so I am going to show you polishes that are hard to come by. I'm sorry!

Anyway, Haken was a sister brand to Nail Magic. The company is based in Sisters and they also own said gift store I visited. I had plans to actually drive by their headquarters because I am weird like that. It just didn't work out though. Since the brand has closed, the store is clearing out the stock. They were selling them for $2.50 each or 5 for $10. So I got 10 bottles.

I'm going to be featuring all I bought this week as well as a brand new swatch of the one that started it all. So, check out my first this week!

Haken Indigo Jones
Three coats over base


Indigo Jones is a fuschia/purple duochrome that flashes blue. It is simply stunning and even better in real life. It is a bit watery but applies well. It is fairly sheer so three coats is best for opacity. Dry time was excellent!



It is a bit brush-strokey but nothing terrible. I like that it has an almost jelly texture and the flash is stunning. I don't know why I didn't see this years ago and pick it up as well. But I'm glad to have rectified that.

Haken was really pretty obscure. It was a salon only brand with a handful of places to buy it. Like the gift shop. They offered some really gorgeous colors and had nice formulas. I'm very sad to see them go. It was cool to be able to buy a polish that was made locally. (Local-ish. Sisters is in central Oregon and an almost 2 hour drive from Eugene.) I hope one day they bring it back, they had a great product!

I purchased this at the Garden of Eden Gift Shop by Haken in Sisters, Oregon. I got this as part of a 5 for $10 deal. If you happen to be around the area, get there now because there's very little stock left. Matter of fact, the man working there told me that the owner has a small bit of stock left and will replenish once the store sells through what they have. After that, it's gone forever.

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top