I Do Not Think That Means What You Think It Does

Good morning!

I'm working like crazy to get posts written and scheduled and still take care of things I need to before my cocktail party. I know how to pile it on, yo.
Anyway, today I am showing you a swell polish with a name that makes me giggle.


Haken Maui Wowie!


Oh dear. The name...it's not right yo. If you're not familiar, I direct you here.  Seriously, I hope they were aware of the implications.

That said, Maui Wowie is a bright Barbie pink jelly with very fine holo glitter.


Three coats over base coat

The formula is thin and a tiny bit watery. Gratefully, it does not apply badly nor does it flood the cuticles. It does apply sheer. Three coats gave best opacity but there is a little bit of VNL. Dry time is excellent. This does have a subtle blue flash but that has more to do with the specks of blue holo glitter in it.

Overall, it's a great sparkly jelly polish. It would certainly make for a great summer pedicure!

I purchased this at Garden of Eden Gifts in Sisters, OR as part of a 5 for $10 deal. Haken has since gone out of business but these do pop up on eBay now and again.




Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top