I live in the Emerald City

Good morning!

I find it interesting that cities have nicknames. Like, Portland is the Rose City. But I have a problem with Seattle. Its nickname used to be the Jet City but now they call it the Emerald City. Lame. Jet City sounds pretty cool and a little futuristic. But my biggest problem with it is because I live in the Emerald City. Eugene is not just Track Town, USA yo. (I get it, Nike was founded here, Pre, blah, running, blah. I don't run. I don't like running. I don't care.)
Emerald City works for Eugene. It's way greener here than Seattle. Mainly because it's way smaller but still. Why give up a cool nickname just to steal a small city's nickname? Lame. Especially when a band writes a song inspired by your cool nickname. (Jet City Woman by Queensryche if you were wondering. It's not one of their best but it was all I had.)

So, why did I bore you with that? Because of this:

Haken Emerald City


It's not really all that green so perhaps the name was not a good choice. But it's a lovely metallic.


Three coats over base coat

Emerald City has a very thin formula and applies pretty sheer. As you can see on my middle finger, it's really patchy. You have to use thicker coats. The dry time is great so you won't have to wait long to apply your coats.

Overall, it's a great green toned blue metallic and very pretty. I really want to do a cling wrap mani with this. I think the shimmer will really pop that way.

I purchased this myself in Sisters, Oregon. Haken is a discontinued brand and harder to find. After I bought this, I promptly went wine tasting to celebrate.)

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top