Mr. Rusty is in crazy, fancy love

Good afternoon.


Today I have a couple of Essence polishes for you. I got them at Fred Meyer during a BOGO 1/2 sale.


Wait! Where did this glitter come from?


I'm really bad. I'm not showing a proper swatch. I couldn't resist topping this with glitter after I put it on.

Three coats over base, topped with two coats of glitter

Mr. Rusty is a metallic, coppery rust. It applied really well and was hardly brush stroke-y. It dried quickly and was super pretty. But I had to apply Love and Beauty glitter in Rust. I bought that almost two years ago and I've used it once. Something about it only makes me want to use it in the fall. I'm not sure why that is.

Next up is a duochrome. I adore duochromes!

Essence Crazy Fancy Love

 Crazy Fancy Love is rosy gold that flashes gold, green and pink. It's a bit brush stroke-y but I can handle it. Applied beautifully and dried quickly. I had a difficult time photographing this so I couldn't capture all of the shift. But it did make me think of China Glaze Swanky Silk so I decided to do a comparison.


Crazy Fancy Love is on the index and ring, Swanky Silk is on the middle and pinkie. There are similarities but this is not a dupe. Swanky Silk is more golden, has a sheerer finish and a bit stronger shift. 

And there ya have it. Two new great additions to my stash!

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top