Battle for Seattle

Good morning!

It's the morning after the Super Bowl and it was pretty cool. It was also my dad's birthday yesterday. My dad is a Broncos fan so it was neat they played but wow, what a bummer for him. However, my husband is a Seahawks fan and he was over the moon for their win.
As for me, I'm a San Francisco 49ers fan so...I kind of didn't curr. But I made my husband a promise to wear a Seahawks jersey and do some nail art.
I'm sad because it got slightly destroyed after a shower but then again, I'm not a Seattle fan so not much of a heartbreak.





Matt loved this and picked the concept so it's a win for him.



Since it was my dad's birthday and his team was in the game, Matt was willing to let me do one nail in honor:


Here's how it breaks down:
Base is two coats of Orly La Playa
Stripes and the French tip are Orly Dazzle and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lickety-Split Lime
I used some of my striping tape to add some other details
On the middle fingers, I used Orly Dazzle and my Claire's number plate to stamp "12" in honor of the 12th Man
On the right pinkie, I dotted a mix of Idyl unnamed orange and Orly Old School Orange and then OPI Liquid Sand in Solitaire

We had a gathering at my parent's house for the game and had a great time hanging out. Still feeling for my dad and happy for Matt. I was seriously surprised to see the Broncos crumble but I'm glad that Seattle couldn't keep them scoreless. Nonetheless, it was a good day.

Many of these polishes I bought ages ago at Sally Beauty, Walgreens and at a store kind of like Claire's in Cancun, Mexico. The striping tape was gifted to me by my husband.

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top