Gimmme a gimlet

Good day!

Today I have the one polish from China Glaze's 2013 Fall collection that got me excited.

China Glaze - Gossip Over Gimlets



I am always a sucker for silver and this was no exception. I love how foiled it is and the golden sparkles added something interesting and exciting.


I used three coats for full opacity and that was a-okay since the dry time is excellent. I couldn't get over how shiny and sparkly this was. If only I had this when I went to Vegas...


Speaking of Vegas and gimlets, we had the most fabulous cucumber gimlets at the Ignite Lounge in the Monte Carlo. We had them a little differently as a gimlet is traditionally made with gin. Personally, I hate gin because I think it is way too astringent and akin to lighter fluid. So we asked the bartender if they would mind making us the vodka version instead. Oh, holy bats was that good! So good, we had to try to recreate them at home.

Basically the drink is cucumber "essence", vodka, lime and sugar. We played around with how to make the "essence" and I think I got the best results. I blasted the cucumber in the blender  with water (after running through the food processor) and strained, strained, strained. I got a nice green juice with tons of flavor that I promptly mixed Splenda and lime juice with.

Anyhoo, the drink is really wonderful and would be so refreshing on a hot day. If you ever see it at your local watering hole, I highly recommend it. However, I recommend vodka rather than gin. I will be definitely making them again and most likely for Easter dinner since it is also my parent's wedding anniversary that day. (I'll treat my daddy nice and make him the gin version since he's not super keen on vodka.)

I bought this at Sally Beauty Supply during the 50% off clearance sale. I think I paid around three bucks. I'm terrible at remembering those things, I just get swept away by the pretty colors!

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top