"Owlin" Around

Good afternoon!

I really enjoyed Finger Paints Poolside Paradise Collection so the last time I trolled through Sally, I picked up what was most interesting to me. I was inspired to also use a Finger Paints glitter I picked up last year but never swatched. Problems solved.




Hula Aruba is a super rad glass fleck yellow that is very similar to Color Club Daisy Does It. (Another fave.) However the Color Club is a bit duochrome with some subtle green flash that Hula Aruba does not have.
It applied gorgeously and dried quickly. It's nicely buildable but three coats will still have some VNL.
I decided to grab my bottle of Owlin' at the Moon and do a sorta kinda jelly sandwich. It was more the thought of could it work for Duck Day manis in the fall but still fun to do.



I applied two coats of Hula Aruba and then one generous coat of Owlin' at the Moon. I finished it off with one more coat of Hula Aruba and Out The Door.

I loved how sparkly and shiny it was. Then I realized that the Mylar shard glitters are not really my cup o'tea. It definitely works insofar as the colors but I'm not in love with it. 

I bought both of these at Sally Beauty Supply in 2013 and 2014 respectively. 

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top