Abstract Pansy

Hey there, hi there, ho there!

I'm not about to recite the litany of everything happening since April. Suffice to say, in that time I had had to have TWO yes TWO root canals, I saw Moonspell again and I went to Vegas and renewed my wedding vows. So basically, things happened.

Anyway. I re-designed the layout on the blog today after neglecting it for so long. It will change again, eventually but I will place no time frames on that. I did however, get with it and finally join Instagram. You can follow me HERE if you are so inclined.

To start things right, I wanted to include some nail art I did back in April. I learned that you could do some gradient, dry marble, something with a stamper. I had to try it out and I played with the technique for awhile and it's one of my faves now. This look came out very reminiscent of pansies and I adored it.

Pansies???

Sadly this photo's a bit washed out. I'm a bit out of practice with my photography and well, Oregon sun while beautiful; is tricky to work with. either way, I'm still proud of it.

I'm pretty sure my base was Orly Sweet Dreams. Everything else: Revlon Parfumerie Wild Violets, Pure Ice Platinum Magic Base Coat and Color Club Almost Famous. I used a MoYou stamper and placed blobs of polish on paper. Placed the stamper down on the blobs and slightly moved it to swirl and then gently pressed the stamper straight down to y nails. Voila! 

I use this technique a lot with great results. I used it for my Margarita mani HERE and a few other times. Photos of which to come. It's really easy, not nearly as messy as I would have thought and it dries hella fast. 

Lately, I've been working on reverse stamping and had some triumphs. Those will come as well. Aside from that, I've been getting deeper into makeup and such. (Matt and I have been working on a photography project and I needs me good makeup skillz.) Matt thinks I should become a YouTuber but I don't know about that. I could never be as fun and cool as Nicole from Young, Wild and Polished. (I could watch her videos all day long.)

That'll do for now. Bob willing I will get my shit together one of these days.

Leave reply

Thank you for coming by! I deeply appreciate each comment and I do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Back to Top